E-mail / NCSA / email@example.com
Any Comments? Send e-mail!
Words of Wisdom and Inspiration
YOU ARE MAGIC
Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it will achieve. Dream
great dreams and make them come true. Do it now. You are unique!
In all of the history of the world, there was never anyone exactly like you,
and in all the infinity to come, there will never be another you.
Never affirm self limitations. What you believe yourself to be, you are!
To accomplish great things, you must not only act but also dream. Not only
plan, but also believe. If you have built castles in the air, your work need
not be lost--put foundations under them! Yes, you can!
Believing is magic! You can always better your best. You never
know what you can do until you try. Nothing will come of nothing.
If you don't go out on a limb, you're never going to get the fruit.
There is no failure except in no longer trying. Hazy goals produce
Clearly define your goals. Write them down, make a plan for achieving them,
set a deadline, visualize the results and go after them! Just don't look back
unless you want to go that way. For every obstacle there is a solution.
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. The greatest mistake
is giving up.
Wishing will not bring success, but planning, persistence and a burning
desire will. There is a goldmine within you from which you can extract all the
Success is an attitude. Get yours right!
It is astonishing how short a time it takes for wonderful things to happen.
Now, show us the color of your rainbow!
To laugh is to...risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to...risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out to another is to...risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to...risk their loss.
To love is to...risk not being loved in return.
To live is to...risk dying.
To hope is to...risk despair.
To try is to...risk failure.
But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow,
love, or live. Chained by certitudes, he is a slave, he has forfeited
ONLY A PERSON WHO RISKS IS TRULY FREE.
Ways To Bring Spirituality into the Workplace
1. REDISCOVER YOUR PROFESSIONAL PASSION. Reflect on the question:
Why did I want to do this in the first place?
2. LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR EXPERIENCE. In the middle of a stressful day,
stop and be aware of all the positive, nourishing aspects of the situation.
Don't let cynicism overtake you.
3. DON'T TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY. Caring too much--even about worthwhile issues--
can lead to too much worry.
4. STAY CALM IN THE FACE OF CRISIS. Take a step back, relax, and look
at the bigger picture.
5. THINK OF WORK AS A CALLING. Turn your work into a spiritual pursuit,
and you will feel more fulfilled.
6. TAP YOUR INTUITION. Get in touch with your heart and what you care
about most deeply.
7. FOCUS ON YOUR OWN SPIRITUAL PATH AND ON DEVELOPING SELF-AWARENESS.
The more you learn about yourself and know what works for you, the
more centered you will feel.
8. FACE YOUR FEARS. Write them down. Confronting inner fears will enable
you to surmount them.
9. MEDITATE TO COUNTERACT STRESS. Create a quiet center in your life.
Carve out 15-30 minutes a day for reflection.
10. BE CLEAR ON YOUR LIFE'S MISSION. That will sustain you even in rough times.
11. CONSIDER THE ISSUE OF CRAFTSMANSHIP OR EXCELLENCE. If you master
what you're doing at the highest level on a continuing basis, you will
feel a deeper sense of accomplishment. And others respond positively to people
who love what they're doing and do it well.
12. CREATE A SUPPORT GROUP. Consider gathering a group of like-minded individuals
to discuss spiritual issues and what you would like to see changed in the
13. BE AWARE OF YOUR BODY. During times of stress, breathe deeply or go for a walk
to ease the pressure.
Work? Give me a break. I was just there yesterday!
BEING CREATIVE IN YOUR EVERYDAY LIFE
Take a trip somewhere fun, relaxing and serene...or just imagine you're there.
Light some candles, and just relax.
Get close to nature and do some gardening...plant pretty flowers, or some mint
for a cool glass of ice tea (: .
Bake something you like just because it tastes and smells good.
Decorate your favorite room in your house.
Regress back to your childhood...make a tent by putting a blanket over two chairs
slightly apart and facing each other.
Color in a coloring book.
Make dribble sandcastles on the beach.
Write your name in honey on an open-faced sandwhich.
Get some crayons and draw pictures expressing your happiness.
Play a portable instrument, like a harmonica or recorder.
Have a "toybox" in your office or workspace and when you get stuck on
a project, pull out a toy and see what new ideas it generates.
Jump rope, spin a top or use a hula hoop.
Design an imaginary tree house.
Play with silly putty, playdoh, or fingerpaints.
Rollerblade, iceskate, or go for a bike ride.
Wear an unusual hat, funny tie, or wacky earrings.
12 EXERCISES NO ONE NEEDS
1. Jumping to conclusions.
2. Running around in circles.
3. Wading through paperwork.
4. Pushing your luck.
5. Passing the buck.
6. Throwing your weight around.
7. Jumping on the bandwagon.
8. Spinning your wheels.
9. Dragging your heels.
10. Adding fuel to the fire.
11. Climbing the walls.
12. Grasping at staws
I'm really looking for less chaos
THE CODE OF HUMANITY
1. I choose to communicate truth.
2. I choose the reality of Life.
3. I choose to heal, not hurt.
4. I choose education over ignorance.
5. I choose the power of Peace.
6. I choose to love Good and see Good in all humanity.
7. I choose to seek the soul in all things.
8. I choose to link the world of inspiration.
9. I choose the principle of sharing.
10. I choose to become a co-creator of life and live it more abundantly.
SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
Tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fear
based on past experiences.
An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
Loss of interest in judging other people.
Loss of interest in judging self.
Loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
Loss of interest in conflict.
Loss of ability to worry. (A very serious symptom)
Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes from the heart.
Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make things happen.
Increased susceptibility to love extended from others as well as
the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
WHAT DO ANGELS LOOK LIKE?
Like the little old lady who returned
~ your wallet yesterday.
Like the taxi driver who told you that your eyes
~ light up the world, when you smile.
Like the small child who showed you
~ the wonder in simple things.
Like the poor man who offered to
~ share his lunch with you.
Like the rich man who showed you that it
~ really is all possible, if only you believe.
Like the stranger who just happened to come along,
~ when you had lost your way.
Like the friend who touched your heart,
~ when you didn't think you had one to touch.
Angels come in all sizes and shapes,
~ all ages and skin types.
Some with freckles, some with dimples,
~ some with wrinkles, some without.
They come disguised as friends, enemies,
~ teachers, students, lovers and fools.
They don't take life too seriously,
~ they travel light.
They leave no forwarding address,
~ they ask nothing in return.
They wear sneakers with gossamer wings,
~ they get a deal on dry cleaning.
They are hard to find when your eyes are closed, But
~ they are everywhere you look, when you choose to see.
YOU KNOW YOU'RE TOO STRESSED IF...
Relatives that have been dead for years come visit you and
suggest that you should get some rest.
You can achieve a "Runners High" by sitting up.
You say the same sentence over and over again, not realizing that you have said it before.
The Sun is too loud.
Trees begin chasing you.
You can see individual air molecules vibrating.
You begin to explore the possibility of setting up an I. V. drip solution of espresso.
You wonder if brewing is really a necessary step for the
consumption of coffee.
You can hear mimes.
You believe that if you think hard enough, you can fly.
Things become "Very Clear".
You ask the drive-thru attendant if you can get your order to
You say the same sentence over and over again, not realizing that you have said it before.
You begin speaking in a language that only you and Channelers can
The less sense matter and matter is more than sense.
You keep yelling "STOP TOUCHING ME!!!" even though you are the only one in the room.
Your heart beats in 7/8 time.
You and Reality file for divorce.
You can skip without a rope.
It appears that people are speaking to you in binary code.
You have great revelations concerning: Life, the Universe, and Everything else, but can't quite find the words for them before the white glow disappears, leaving you more confused than before.
You can travel without moving.
Antacid tablets become your sole source of nutrition.
You discover the aesthetic beauty of office supplies.
You have an irresistible urge to bite the noses of the people you are talking to.
You say the same sentence over and over again, not realizing that you have said it before...
Losing your mind was okay, but when the voices in your head quieted, it was like losing your best friend.
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violentlysweep your house,
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.
You Are Worthy
Do not undermine your worth
by comparing yourself with others.
It is because we are different
****** that each of us is special.
Do not set your goals ******
by what other people deem important.
Only you know
what is best for you.
Do not take for granted
the things closest to your heart.
Cling to them as you would your life,
for without them,
****** life is meaningless.
Do not let your life *******
slip through your fingers
by living in the past
nor for the future.
By living your life one day at a time,
you live all the days of your life.
Do not give up *******
when you still have something to give.
Nothing is really over
until the moment you stop trying.
It is a fragile thread
that binds us to each other.
Do not be afraid to encounter risks.
It is by taking chances
******that we learn how to be brave.
Do not shut love out of your life******
by saying it is impossible to find.
The quickest way to receive love
is to give love;
The fastest way to lose love
is too hold it too tightly;
the best way to keep love
is to give it wings.
Do not dismiss your dreams.
To be without dreams
is to be without hope;
To be without hope
******is to be without purpose.
Do not run through life******
so fast that you forget
not only where you have been,
but also where you are going.
Life is not a race,
but a journey
to be savored
******each step of the way.******
IF I COULD CATCH A RAINBOW,
I WOULD DO IT JUST FOR YOU
AND SHARE WITH YOU ITS BEAUTY
ON THE DAYS YOU'RE FEELING BLUE
IF I COULD BUILD A MOUNTAIN
YOU COULD CALL YOUR VERY OWN
A PLACE TO FIND SERENITY
A PLACE TO BE ALONE~~~~~~~
IF I COULD TAKE YOUR TROUBLES
I WOULD TOSS THEM IN
BUT ALL THESE THINGS I'M FINDING ARE IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME
I CANNOT BUILD A MOUNTAIN
OR CATCH A RAINBOW FAIR
BUT LET ME BE WHAT I KNOW BEST
A FRIEND THAT'S ALWAYS THERE.
The Real Ten Commandments
1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear never come to pass.
3. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
4. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time anyway.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you for they make very poor
6. Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems. They can take better care of them than you can.
7. Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday for good or ill---it is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.
8. Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones, for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.
9. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It is very hard to learn something new when you are talking.
10. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 90 percent of it is rooted in self-pity, and it will only interfere with positive action.
A Few Thoughts on Self-Esteem
Spend time with someone you like to be with.
A nurturing relationship
is one that makes you feel better about yourself.
Smile at yourself in the mirror.
People are like mirrors.
They reflect your expression.
Accept a compliment knowing that you deserve it
Just smile and say Thank You!
Close your eyes and feel the warmth in your heart.
Loving yourself makes the world a warmer place.
Imagine a small child inside you whom you love.
Give that little child a big, big hug.
Smile at someone you don't know.
You will make your day sunnier.
The other person will bask in the sunshine you reflect as well.
Imagine people liking you as they pass you on the street.
Of course they like you. You are terrific!
recipe for a life of happiness and peace
take 12 months,
clean them thoroughly of all
bitterness, rumor, hate and
Now cut each month into 28,30 or 31
But don't mix up the whole batch at once...
Instead, prepare it "one day at a time."
Mix well each day with:
one part faith
one part patience
one part courage
one part work
Add one part each of hope honesty
generosity and kindness
one part prayer
one part meditation
and at least one good deed
Season the whole with a dash of
good spirit, a sprinkle of fun
A pinch of play and a cupful of good humor
pour all this into a vessel of love
Cook thoroughly over radiant joy
garnish with smiles
And serve with quietness
unselfishness and good cheer...
and you are bound to make a life
of happiness and peace
It is the morning of your life, the best is yet to be.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Everyday holds the possibility of a miracle.
You don't know, until your cup is bumped, what's inside it.
A contented person is one who enjoys the scenery along the detours.
A cheerful heart is good medicine.
True wealth is what you are...not what you have.
Life is filled with many gifts. Unwrap the ribbons.
All the flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today.
Sometimes a good scare is worth more than good advice!
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers, why don't you plant your own garden?
Peace is seeing a sunset and knowing WHO to thank.
Personal Bill of Rights
I have the right to ask for what I want.
I have the right to say "no" to requests or demands I can't meet.
I have the right to express all of my feelings, positive or negative.
I have the right to make mistakes and not to have to be perfect.
I have the right to follow my own values and standards.
I have the right to say no to anything when I feel I am not ready, it is unsafe, or it violates my values.
I have the right to determine my own priorities.
I have the right not to be responsible for others' behavior, actions, feelings, or problems.
I have the right to expect honesty from others.
I have the right to be angry at someone I love.
I have the right to be uniquely myself.
I have the right to feel scared and say "I'm afraid."
I have the right to say "I don't know."
I have the right not to give excuses or reasons for my behavior.
I have the right to make decisions based on my feelings.
I have the right to my own needs for personal space and time.
I have the right to be playful and frivolous.
I have the right to be healthier than those around me.
I have the right to be in a nonabusive environment.
I have the right to make friends and be comfortable around people.
I have the right to change and grow.
I have the right to have my needs and wants respected by others.
I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
I have the right to be happy.
Its Up To You
One song can spark a moment,
One flower can wake the dream.
One tree can start a forest,
One bird can herald spring.
One smile begins a friendship,
One handclasp lifts a soul.
One star can guide a ship at sea,
One word can frame the goal.
One vote can change a nation,
One sunbeam lights a room.
One candle wipes out darkness,
One laugh will conquer gloom.
One step must start each journey,
One word must start each prayer.
One hope will raise your spirits,
One touch can show you care.
One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true,
One life can make the difference,
You see, it's up to you!
A SMILE costs nothing, but it creates much.
It enriches those who receive
without impoverishing those who give.
It happens in a flash,
and the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
None are so rich that they can get along without it,
and none are so poor but are richer for a smile.
It creates happiness in the home,
fosters goodwill in a business,
and is the countersign of friends.
It is rest to the weary,
daylight to the discouraged,
sunshine to the sad,
and nature's best antidote for trouble.
It cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen,
for it is something that is no earthly good to anybody
till it is given away.
And if it ever happens
that some people should be too tired to give you a SMILE
why not leave one of yours?
For nobody needs a SMILE so much
as those who have none left to give.
End a quarrel.
Seek out a forgotten friend.
Dismiss suspicion, and replace it with trust....
Write a love letter.
Share some treasure.
Give a soft answer.
En courage youth.
Manifest your loyalty in word and deed.
Keep a promise.
Find the time.
Forgo a grudge.
Forgive an enemy. Listen.
Apologize if you were wrong.
Try to understand.
Examine your demands on others.
Think first of someone else.
Be kind; be gentle
Laugh a little.
Laugh a little more.
Take up arms against malice.
Express your gratitude.
Go to church.
Welcome a stranger.
Gladden the heart of a child.
Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.
Speak your love.
By this certificate know ye that......
THE BEARER IS A LIFETIME MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING
IN THE SOCIETY OF CHILDLIKE GROWNUPS
AND IS HEREBY ENTITLED TO:
Walk in the rain,
Jump in mud puddles,
Blow bubbles, ooOoOoO
Stop along the way,
Watch the moon and stars come out,
Say HELLO to everyone,
Go on adventures,
Sing in the shower,
Have a merry heart,
Read children's books,
Take bubble baths,
Get new sneakers,
Hold hands & hug & kiss,
Laugh out loud and cry out loud,
Wonder (???) about stuff,
Feel SCARED & sad ;-( & MAD & Happy,
Give up worry & guilt & shame,
Say yes and no and the magic words,
Ask lots of questions,
Draw and paint and color,
See things differently,
Fall down and get up again,
Talk with the animals,
Look at the sky,
Trust the universe,
Stay up late,
Play with toys,
Buy fast food toys... (happy meals!!)
Play under the covers,
Have pillow fights,
Learn new stuff
Get excited about EVERYTHING,
Be a clown,
Listen to music,
Find out how things work,
Make up new rules,
Save the world,
And do anything that brings more:
Happiness, celebration, relaxation,
communication, health, love, joy,
creativity, pleasure, abundance,
grace, self-esteem, courage,
balance, spontaniety, passion, peace,
beauty, and life energy to all humans and beings of this planet.
FURTHERMORE, the above named member is officailly authorized to frequent amusment parks, beaches, meadows, mountaintops, swimming pools, forests, playgrounds, picnic areas, summer areas, summer camps, birthday parties, happy meal purchases (Great toys!!), circuses, bakeries, ice cream parlors, theatres, aquariums, zoos, museums, planetariums, toy stores, festivals and other places where children of all ages gather to play and is encouraged to always remember the motto of THE SOCIETY OF CHILDLIKE
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE
TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD,
AND TO MAKE SURE THAT OTHERS DO TOO!
Quotes of Wisdom
"A person who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints."
The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this: that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists.
- Charles Dickens
At the innermost core of all loneliness is a deep and powerful
yearning for union with one's lost self.
- Brendan Francis
In love, we may find it better to make allowances, rather than make points
Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom.
Life was a lot simpler when we honored father and mother rather than all major credit cards.
Have a nice day!
Faults are thick where love is thin.
21 Suggestions for Success
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that is worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more respect than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourselves and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal
15. Be honest
16. Be a self-starter
17. Be decisive even if it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and couragegeous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love
21. Don't do anything that would not make your Mom proud.
12 Ways to Nurture Yourself
Don't forget to take care of the most important person this season -- YOU!
The weather, traffic, holiday shopping, holiday entertaining, overeating, stress and more stress -- does this sound like your holiday season? Take a break and relax with these tips -- you deserve it!
1. Get outside and take a 20-minute walk. Breathe in the fresh, cool air and look for holiday decorations.
2. Keep a journal and write down the following:
a.. 3 things you accomplished this past year
b.. 5 things you are thankful for this year
c.. 3 things you want to accomplish during the next year
3. Girls -- Have your nails done or give yourself a manicure. Really want to nurture yourself? Get a pedicure too. Guys -- Get a massage.
4. Call a friend you haven't talked with in awhile.
5. Take a "mental health day" off of work.
6. Go to your local park and swing on a swing.
7. Go to a free holiday festival or concert -- check your local paper for events.
8. Take a bath by candlelight with soft music playing.
9. Take the day off from watching television and listen to holiday music instead.
10. Volunteer yourself to others -- whether you spend time in a soup kitchen or buy a Christmas present for a needy child -- volunteering will not only help others, but will make you feel good too!
11. Cut your holiday shopping in half, or more! Ask family members if they would like to give the gift of "not shopping" to each other. Instead, enjoy each other's company on the holiday.
12. Plan the ultimate holiday celebration: Invite friends over for an evening of listening to music and talking -- with no worries about calories, cooking or overeating. Order food from a local restaurant and relax with hot herbal tea and decaffeinated coffee.
Background courtesy of Francy