There must be a witch in the kitchen today
Making magical things to eat I would say;
For the air is scented with holiday spice
And the house smells bewitchingly nice!
Sweet potatoes, pumpkin and squash,
Some milk, some eggs, and Oh m'gosh!
A spell is at work, what a tasty suprise,
As Mom turns the garden into holiday pies!
You Know You're A Bad Cook When...
* You use the smoke alarm as a cooking timer.
* You consider it a culinary success if the pop-tart stays in one piece.
* Your dog goes to the neighbors' to eat.
* Your family buys Alka Seltzer and Kaopectate in bulk.
* When you barbecue, two of your kids hold water guns and the third stands
ready by the phone with 911 on speed-dial.
* Your family automatically heads for the dinner table every time they hear
a fire truck siren.
* The EPA insists that all your garbage cans be marked with biohazard
* Your microwave display reads "TILT!"
* Your two best recipes are meatloaf and apple pie, but your dinner guests
can't tell which is which.
* Your pie-filling bubbles over and eats the enamel off the bottom of the
* You've used three boxes of scouring pads and a bottle of Drano and a
crowbar, and that macaroni and cheese still won't let go of the pan.
* Pest control companies keep pestering you for your recipes.
* You make tuna noodle surprise and the surprise is that it glows in the
dark and melts the silverware.
* Your family prays AFTER they eat!
A Food Correspondence Table for Magickal Workings
(Organized by Intention)
Spices- anise, basil, cardamom, chicory, cinnamon, clove, coriander, fennel,
ginger, licorice, marjoram, poppy seed, rose, rosemary, thyme, vanilla Vegetables-beet, pea,
rhubarb, sweet potato, tomato, truffle
Fruits- apple, apricot, avocado, banana, carob, cherry, guava, lemon, lime,
mango, nectarine, orange, papaya, passion fruit, peach, pineapple, quince,
raspberry, strawberry, tamarind
Nuts- brazil nut, chestnut, pine nut, pistachio
Desserts- apple pie, brownies., carob bars, cherry vanilla ice cream, chocolate
cake, chocolate ice cream, gingerbread, ginger ice cream, fudge ripple ice
cream, lemon chiffon pie, key lime pie, Neapolitan ice cream, strawberry
ice cream and pies made of any of the above listed fruits.
Beverages- Crème de Cacao, dessert wines, Kirsch, lemonade, limeade, milk,
orance curaco, white wine.
Other foods- carob, chocolate in all forms, dill bread, fish, honey, maple
syrup, pickles, rye bread, strawberry jam, sugar.
Spices and Herbs- basil, bay, black pepper, cayenne, clove, fennel, garlic,
horseradish, marigold, mustard, paprika, parsley, rosemary
Vegetables- artichoke, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, bell pepper, bok choy,
broccoli. brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, chili peppers, chives,
collard greens, corn, horseradish, jalapeno, kohlrabi, leek, mustard, onion,
poke, potato, radish, rhubarb, shallot, soybean sprouts, sunflower sprouts, tomatoes, watercress
Fruits- blueberry, carambola, cranberry, mango, pineapple, plum, prickly
pear, quince, raspberry, tangerine, Nuts and Seeds- almond, sesame, sunflower seeds, walnut
Desserts- bell shaped cookies, blueberry coffee cake, cranberry sauce,
pineapple pie, rhubarb pie, star shaped cookies
Beverages- cranberry juice cocktail
Other Foods- chili, curry, eggs, fried foods, garlic bread, hot foods, meat, nachos, Olive oil,
pretzels, rice, salsa, Szechwan foods, spicy foods,
tofu, tortilla, twisted breads, vinegar
Spices and herbs-allspice, garlic, peppermint, sage
Vegetables- cucumber, olive, pumpkin, sprouts, tomato
Fruits- apple, lemon, peach, pineapple, watermelon
Other Foods- Almond, Apple Cider vinegar, cider, honey, kummel, marzipan,